Regular readers of my blog know that I’m a sucker for improvements on everyday items. A few years ago, I gushed praise on an alarm clock that my partner bought for me. True to form, my quest to buy a new toaster has resulted in a choice that I’m really happy with so far. Thus, I introduce to you the Breville 4-Slice Toaster.
There are a couple of nifty features that our decrepit old Proctor-Silex toaster didn’t have.
* Snazzy LED readout that counts down the toasting time.
* Settings for defrosting, bagels, and regular toast.
* You can lift up the toast to check its progress without disturbing the cycle.
* You can pull the lift handle a little more and it raises things up higher, for easier retrieval.
* The long slots hold 4 regular slices of bread, or even the extra long slices of my favorite round sourdough bread.
* It beeps when it is done, in case you don’t hear the ejection.
It also looks nice on the counter. Especially next to our favorite other Breville product, their electric hot water kettle.